What does online therapy entail?
Online therapy, also known as e-Health, e-assistance or digital assistance, is a form of treatment in which you follow treatment via digital means, such as a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
In principle, online therapy at Triora does not differ much from our outpatient treatment at one of location or our aftercare treatment on location. You will follow online therapy according to the Triora Model and will therefore also get acquainted with forms of treatment based on behavioural science, such as Rational Emotional Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Relapse Prevention. In addition, during online therapy we also pay a lot of attention to meaning and the principles of self-help. The main difference with an outpatient treatment on location or clinical treatment is that you follow the therapy online from behind your laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Benefits of online therapy
Taking online therapy for addiction can give you many benefits over a physical treatment. Some advantages:
- No travel time. You don't have to travel to one of Triora's locations, which will most likely save you a lot of time.
- Treatment at any location. You can have the treatment take place at any time, in an area where you feel comfortable and where you experience sufficient privacy. This is also possible, for example, in a closed room during working hours, so you do not have to take a whole day off from work for your treatment. In addition, you can also follow the treatment via your smartphone, making it really possible at (almost) every location.
- Take control. You can follow the treatment at your own pace. You look at the available documentation and work on assignments when it suits you.
- Extra information. Via our online patient portal, which is available as soon as you start treatment, you can consult the necessary information as well as additional information. This way you choose whether you want to delve into the basics or more specific information
What does an online treatment process look like?
Our online therapy is divided into a number of phases. After you have registered you will enter the screening and intake phase. If Triora can offer you a suitable treatment, if necessary first a detox phase will follow, after which you start the treatment phase. This is concluded with an aftercare phase. The complete process:
- Register via the website. To start with online therapy you must first fill in our registration form. Choose the outpatient treatment option and indicate in the comments field that you are interested in online therapy.
- Confirmation email. You will receive a confirmation email of your registration containing a copy of the information you have provided to us.
- We will call you within 48 hours on working days. After your registration, we will call you for an exploratory introductory meeting. This is a first telephone meeting. You can ask all kinds of questions about Triora. We also ask you questions and tell you about the possibilities that Triora can offer you. The possible next step is an invitation for an intake interview
- Intake. During the intake interview, we will discuss with you whether Triora is the most suitable treatment for you. An extensive questionnaire may also be presented to you. We request that you be clean and sober in this conversation. If you like, your partner or another family member may attend this conversation as well. The intake is also online. After the intake, we will discuss within our multidisciplinary team whether you are indeed best helped by us. We will call you with our findings within 2 days.
- Detox. When you have used drugs and/or drank alcohol for a long time, it can be dangerous to suddenly stop. Therefore, it may be necessary to follow the detox treatment first. You can follow an ambulatory or clinical detox. This depends on what is medically justified and necessary.
- Treatment. By default, you can quickly start online therapy. Triora has hardly any waiting lists. We will make an appointment with you about the start date of your treatment.
- Aftercare. Triora initially offers aftercare treatment. If necessary, we can also advise on other follow-up treatments
Involve your family and loved ones in online therapy
Involving family and loved ones plays an important role in the treatment of Triora. Involving family and loved ones in the treatment can have a positive effect on recovery. Family and loved ones can be actively involved in online therapy, because we also offer online family therapy.
Start with online therapy?
Take the first step to a life without alcohol, drugs, gaming or gambling and make an appointment now to start online therapy at Triora. Are you unsure whether you are suffering from an addiction? Then do one of our online addiction self-tests now. You can also register for Triora without obligation.